Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ann at it again

Well Scooter, your girl is in the news again. Just when she is out of the limelight, she pops up somewhere and says something that at best is controversial - at worst, sick. The argument one hears is that she is just doing what liberals do. To me, the difference is that she is billed as a “political pundit”. It’s one thing for a comedian or celebrity to make bad jokes or comments (Letterman, O’Donnell, Maher), it is another for a “political pundit” to say…

“if I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.”

Maybe I’ve missed it, but I don’t think I’ve heard or read where James Carville or Paul Begala has said they wished John McCain or Rudy Giuliani had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.

I listened to the exchange between Ann and Elizabeth Edwards. I don’t care for John Edwards and other than his wife having cancer, I don’t know much about her. But I thought she was polite, respectful and not out of bounds asking for the personal attacks to stop. Ann said a couple of times…”are you asking me to stop writing columns, are you asking me to stop writing…’ No, she wasn’t asking her to stop. Just stop with the personal attacks. I do think Ann was blindsided by the call, which seemed a bit unfair, but that wasn’t Elizabeth Edwards fault – that was Hardball’s.

I’m interested in you thoughts/comments…as well as Michael’s, if he is still with us.

No comments: