Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Office walls

In follow-up to Scooter's post about what's on his office walls (quotes of Keynes and Greenspan) I've got a Faith Ringgold poster on my office wall:
Tar Beach: Woman on a Bridge Series Part I.
There's text in the white bands at the top and bottom. A little girl talks about lying on Tar Beach (roof top) and looking at the George Washington Bridge that her daddy helped build; she mentions that her daddy can't join the union because of his race. The original hangs at the Guggenheim.

Took me this long to post, as I was waiting on permission, now received, from Faith Ringgold's staff to post the image. (Have to take it down after 3 months.)
{Update: Image removed July 2, 2008.]

1 comment:

Scooter said...

Much nicer than anything on my walls. Most of my walls are covered with surveys.