Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quick Hits

1) I watched a little of the last Republican debate. I might have to look into Romney a bit more - I liked what I heard from him. As for Ron Paul, dude is a wacko. Michael, is he your Congressman?

2) My new most hated person is Paul Wolfowitz. What a piece of work he is. I was reading about his ongoing "problem" at the World Bank and saw a quote from him that alluded to the fact that he didn't the ethics rules at the WB applied to him. Wonder where he got that idea?

3) Are the Texas Rangers the worst baseball franchise? They suck this year, like they do most every year, and have never come close to winning anything - EVER! Yet, year after year, the media here in Dallas pumps them up and tries to convince the public that THIS year is THE year. They are on pace to lose 100 games this season. The owner seems more interested in buying an English soccer team (Liverpool) than having a decent baseball team. Not that I really care that much, since I've been anti-baseball since the first strike many years ago. But it gives me great pleasure to hear all the moaning on the sports talk shows and in the paper. Not that the Astros are anything to write home about this year....

4) I will be out of pocket until after Memorial Day (as I talked about here). I'm sure Michael and Scooter will carry on without me...and probably enjoy my absence.

No comments: