Sunday, October 21, 2007

Observations from the Range

Went to the range today, finally getting around to seeing how some of my Dad's old handguns perform.

I should have known they would be perfect. He may have been frugal (I doubt he bought any of his guns new) but he was a perfectionist.

Anything hit beyond 10 yards with the .25 and beyond 15 yards with the .32 was pure luck.

Any living thing ever hit with a .25 is likely going to keep doing what it was doing unless the shot was very lucky.

They are all dangerous but a Colt .45 is very scary.

Lots of young kids there learning from their dads.

Guy next to me was sighting some kind of rifle. I don't know what it was or what he hunts but yikes. I had my 29 db earmuffs on and every time he fired that cannon, I jumped a foot.

No comments: