Thursday, November 29, 2007

Go Pack Go!!

You have NO idea how badly C and I are rooting for Green Bay to win tonight. We tried to get tickets for the game at the start of the season but had no luck. I don't even want to think about how much they are going for from "ticket brokers". C's brothers were thinking about coming down for the game before the house flooding, but no dice.

On an unrelated note, I have read where Texas A&M and my Hogs are about to sign a multi-year deal to play annually in the new Dallas Cowboy stadium (ala OU-UT). I'm very excited about that. That will be the only way I'll get inside "Jerry World". There was an article in the DMN a couple of weeks ago about what the highest price ticket in the new stadium will be. $340 a pop, plus a PSL (the biggest rip-off in sports) fee of.....$50,000 per seat!!!! The PSL is refunded in either 25 or 30 years, with minimal interest. The article also stated that the Cowboys are expecting every seat in the new stadium to be purchased via season tickets - meaning no individual game seats for sale. That is very hard for me to believe. They have a 65,000 seat stadium now that they can't sell out via season tickets - how do they expect to do that with a 90,000 seat stadium, with higher ticket prices AND higher PSL fees?????

No comments: