Monday, February 25, 2008

Frontpage Magazine on Liberal Fascism

From Jonah Goldberg's LF Blog, Frontpage Magazine on Liberal Fascism (I've got lots of problems with Horowitz but do support his cause on stifling free speech on campus):

Frontpage On LF

A very nice write-up, emphasizing a point I made a while ago here that one reason for the book's success is that it was a book whose time has come. Here's the opener:

That "thwack" you hear from coast to coast is conservative book-writing pundits smacking themselves on the forehead and exclaiming, "Why didn't I think of that?"

No, the "thwack" is from conservative would-be book-writing pundits who did think about it and did nothing. I'm reminded of my past failure to act on my idea that car radios should be able to play while rewinding or fast-forwarding a cassette tape. Or, my current failure to write the definitive book on nuclear subsidies.

Or, on my dad's decision not to go in on Ross Perot's crazy computer leasing scheme in the mid-60s. Thanks, Dad...I love you.

No comments: