Friday, December 18, 2009

Photos from NYC trip

I've been meaning to post some photos from our NYC trip. Here are a few:


Lincoln Center plaza, where we saw The Met doing Tosca.














Ravi
 Coltrane performing at The Village Vanguard
















Grand Central Station.  One of my all-time favorite buildings.  If I had to take just one building with me to a deserted island, this would be it.














On the outside of a fire station mid to upper West side.













Bryant Park.  Spin sponsors this free outdoor table tennis venue (in addition to having a swanky indoor club with a bar that they wouldn't let me take pictures of).  The NY Public Library is in the background.












One of my favorite NYC activities is oggling stone work.  Gorgeous stonework is everywhere.






















Another sample of stonework. The Alwyn Court Building.




























Maybe this is where Scrabble is played in Central Park, but it was closed when we were there so I didn't get to find out.













Tried to see the Daily Show, but it was off for the night following the Emmy Awards. The entrance to the studio is on the left side of this building.

No comments: