Friday, November 26, 2010

Al Gore

is an idiot, in case you didn't already know. Here's wishing that this would be the last time the press will ever report on anything he says. (From a column by Tom Diemer - who? - at Politics Daily - what?)

"It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for first-generation ethanol," Gore said at a green energy conference in Athens, Greece, according to Reuters. First generation refers to the most basic, energy-intensive process of converting corn to ethanol for use as a motor vehicle fuel additive.

On reflection, Gore said the energy conversion ratios -- how much energy is produced in the process -- "are at best very small." "One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee," he said, "and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."

This ought to be a crime.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Not sure what this says about me but I once thought him a pretty sincere, smart guy. Could've even voted for him in the 80s or 90s.

Used to consider him a somewhat more idealistic, less pragmatic, Clinton without the drama (guess I got that last part wrong, too).

Don't know if my perception was completely wrong then or if he changed (some might say fallen off the deep end). Either way, he now makes me feel creepy.

Blogger said...

You might be qualified for a new government sponsored solar energy rebate program.
Click here to find out if you qualify now!