Tuesday, September 13, 2005

AstroWorld is closing

This is a bit of a shock. I had no idea there were problems. Apparently the owner, Six Flags, is millions of dollars in debt, attendance is down, land prices on the South Loop are up, and there is a dispute with the owner of the adjacent Reliant complex about parking.

I remember watching AstroWorld being built. Heck, I remember watching the South Loop being built.

Judge Roy Hofheinz is spinning in his grave. Or in his apartment high over right field in the Astrodome, where I have always suspected he was secretly entombed.

By the way, do recent events not now prove conclusively that the Astrodome was and is superior to the Superdome?

1 comment:

Michael said...

You know, I started to say something about that but the memory of it was so vague that I couldn't be sure it was true.