Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Llama .45

I've had my Llama .45 cal. for about 20 years. It was a gift from my Dad. On my Dad's passing, my brother and I divied up his quite substantial arsenal (much larger than I had suspected).

Included in my haul are two Colt 1911 .45s. Ok, more of the same except for the classic 1911 style that I've envied for some time.

New to me are two little Colt autos, a .32 and a .25. Both pea shooters.

A Ruger long barrel .22 six in the cylinder pistol. Still a pea shooter but a genuine target pistol.

Also new to me a Marlin .44 mag Rem. Magnum rifle...classic cowboy design...like Chuck Connors carried in The Rifleman. And a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum, also six in the cylinder. I knew these were powerful guns but I went to Academy today to by ammunition. Obviously I need to do that before I take them out to see how they perform. As Lileks would say, "jeebus!" these are huge bullets. I had no idea what magnums (magna?) were.

Obviously, my .45s are actually larger. The magnum projectiles are not so imposing (except that the .357s are hollow point) but the cartridges holding the charge are huge. I cannot imagine what the recoils will be from these things.

Almost felt illegal just buying these things.

No comments: