Thursday, October 04, 2007

The third party threat

The discussion tonight on HH led by gf2 (KLP) re Dobson is scaring the bejeebus (!) out of me. Questions: How many people are in his organization? Of those, how many will walk away if he tells them to? Where are they located? Are there enough in any red state that a third party candidate would throw the state to Hill? If so, how many states would it take to scuttle victory? Is Perot in '92 a fair analogy or did he have many more votes than Dobson can generate?

Scooter, I know you're busy but I'd like your memo on my desk by the time I get in.

LJ, I started to write that you should help Scooter with his memo because, while it's our problem, one would expect you'd be interested in the answers because you stand to gain; but then I thought, "I can't imagine the LJ I know supporting any of the Dims." But you must support someone. So I ask, who? And do not give me any crap about it's too early, etc. If you prefer, my question to you is: If the election were held today, for whom would you vote?

No comments: