Thursday, February 14, 2008

My longstanding political theory about to be sunk

I've believed since I started to think about these things (almost 30 years) that the first African-American and first woman POTUS would be from the right.

While I still think Powell would have won had he run as a Republican in 2000, he didn't.

I don't see any women on the right, or even just Republican women if not that much to the right, of a presidential mettle anything as strong as Clinton's. Likewise, although there are a lot more African-Americans moving right both politically--Steele, Swann, Blackwell and Watts (and to a much lesser extent Ford) and philosophically--Williams, Murdock, Connerly and Sowell (always dismissed as Toms), I don't yet see anybody with the experience needed.

My "only Nixon could go to China" theory may be shot down by half this November.

No comments: