Saturday, April 26, 2008

any ideas?



Anybody have any idea what this is? Or, have a friend who might know what it is? I have scoured it from end to end for a manufacturer's mark to no avail. Before I take it in to a gunsmith and make a fool out of myself, I thought I'd make a fool of myself here.

It has similarities to an M-1 Garand and the Mauser used by the bad guys in WWI and II. I'm trying to decide if it is worth taking in to determine if it's usable and make it so if not. It is pretty heavy compared to contemporary rifles. Looks like it would take a clip of about 4 or 5 cartridges.

And, yes, the refurbished Compaq is working just fine, thank you.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm interested in the bed frame. Antique?

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a little worried about how it's lovingly layed out on a pillow...

Anonymous said...

Don't think I spelled l**** correctly. The lay/lie thing is my grammatical nemesis...

Stephanie said...

Don't know a single thing about guns but can't resist an internet search topic. I offer this: http://americanhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/collection/object.asp?ID=655

Scooter said...

The pillow was to prop up.

Yes, the bedframe, complete with collie chew marks, was my grandfather's.