Thursday, July 30, 2009

TPaw

TPaw is starting to use more colorful, more incendiary language as he tries to make his presence felt on the national stage. He compares Obama to Bernie Madoff; that should get him a mention on Limbaugh, shouldn't it?

I've said it before: I don't understand why conservatives aren't more interested in him. He's smart, politically skilled, a true believer in conservative economic principles, hasn't cheated as far as anyone knows, hasn't gone AWOL at any time during his governship, kept the job until the end even though it is no fun right now. That's a lot more than you can say for certain other Rethug hopefuls. He got elected and re-elected in Minnesota by downplaying the social issues that would have ignited opposition. Maybe that's why the national crowd doesn't pay any attention to him, but I think that's why he's your answer. I think you all are missing the boat. (I know, I know; he's a little dull. But I would have thought you believed you were about substance over style.)

Update: I should note that his pronouncement that Minnesota has "avoided new taxes" is an example of his political skill. All kinds of "fees" have been implemented or raised to generate revenue. When is a fee a tax?

No comments: