Tuesday, September 01, 2009

It's not been a great week - update

Had doctor appointment #1 this morning. A typical "good news/bad news" scenario in which the good news is that this doctor says that they DO know what I DON'T have - the bad news is that they DON'T know what I DO have. I'm not presenting the typical and/or normal symptoms to fit me into the 2 or 3 usual suspected conditions. So....I go back to see this doctor in a month for additional tests.

In the meantime, they suggested that I keep doctor appointment #2 on Thursday, if just to rule out other possibilities and for my peace of mind.

It still sucks getting old....

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ugh. Sometimes, not knowing is not significantly better than bad news.

love johnson said...

True, but I think in this case, knowing what it isn't is good news. What they thought it was is not life threatening in any way - in fact, any remote possibility of life threatening, I believe, was done away with last week - it's just a question of figuring what is going on and how to treat it.

Stephanie said...

OK, that sounds better.