With links to a cool site that streams audio of songs with their samples, side by side, here are Kanye's samples, in track order:
Dark Fantasy: Contains samples of “In High Places” by Mike Oldfield
Gorgeous: Contains portions of the composition “You Showed Me,” written by Gene Clark and Roger McGuinn.
- Contains elements of “It’s Your Thing,” recorded by the Cold Grits.
- Contains elements of “Afromerica” (Francois Bernheim/Jean-Pierre Lang/Boris Bergman)
- Contains material sampled from “21st Century Schizoid Man” performed by King Crimson Taken from the album: In The Court Of The Crimson King.
So Appalled: Contains samples of the Manfred Mann’s Earth Band recording “You Are – I Am.”
Devil in a New Dress: Contains samples of the recording “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” as performed by Smokey Robinson.
- Contains a sample of “Expo 83” performed by Backyard Heavies.
- Contains excerpts from Rick James ‘Live at Long Beach, CA’ 1981.
- Contains samples of the Mojo Men recording “She’s My Baby.”
- Contains samples of the Tony Joe White recording “Stud-Spider.”
- Contains portions of “Iron Man,” written by T. Butler, A. Iommi, J. Osbourne and W.T. Ward (Black Sabbath).
Lost in the World:
- Contains portions of “Soul Makossa,” written by M. DiBango.
- Contains a sample of the recording “Think (About It)” as performed by Lyn Collins. Written by James Brown.
- Contains samples of “The Woods” performed by Bon Iver
- Contains samples of “Comment No. 1” performed by Gil Scott-Heron.
Of note, the artistic use of autotune at the beginning of Lost in the World, that I'd given Kanye credit for, is almost entirely the doing of Bon Iver.