Monday, February 27, 2006

Eight Below

I know, I know but I love dogs. Mediocre acting, mediocre script, questionable directing (awfully sunny for one of Antarctica's worst winters) and overly anthropomorphized dogs. Still, couldn't get the tears to stop in last 15 minutes.

As I think about the movie for those with little ones, it might be a decent way to introduce the idea of (to use the big, scary word) DEATH to the kids. I won't ruin the ending but the overall theme of the movie is uplifting while still dealing with the uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm "tagging" our posts, and came across this one while searching for dog posts.

Saddest dog movie ever. And I say NOOOOOOO to showing it to kids because some of the dogs starve on their chains and that's just too gruesome and heartbreaking.