Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Exuberance

LJ, you're certainly entitled to your exuberance but I find it curious from a guy who, less than three weeks ago, was undecided. I assume it is more just disgust with Republicans than joy over the victory, or, did your views change markedly in the last couple of weeks?

I've voted for the lesser of two evils in the last five elections. The last time I was excited as the left seems to be was in 1988 when I thought President Bush the Elder was a genuine conservative. I was wrong though he got Justice Thomas right.

1 comment:

love johnson said...

In the end I voted Libertarian (Barr). Had I only been given 2 choices, I would have voted for Obama. And I think you are correct - I'm not so much excited about Obama being elected as I am that McCain wasn't and even more so, that the Republicans got taken to the woodshed.