Friday, November 14, 2008

Re: Suffocation

I have no idea about those numbers but have every inclination to believe that they are higher than we are led to believe.

To mix our metaphors, we've got to stop the bleeding. These bailouts have to stop if not repealed. Paulson seems to have no idea what he's doing. I choked on President Bush's homage to capitalism yesterday. Pay-go seems to have disappeared completely (not that I ever really believed it more than a game). Social Security and Medicare are a current mess and future disaster.

We are spiraling toward a Eutopia. Let's just take the system that has brought more wealth to more people in the history of the planet--a system where the poorest are overweight, have cell phones, a car and air conditioning--and just flush it. Fine.

Heaven help our children.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yes, I'm convinced Paulson is clueless. And I'm with: no more bailouts.