Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Rethug hypocrisy

Just heard a 10 second blurb on the radio from my Sen. Hutchinson complaining about dealership closings and all those poor employees that are being laid off.

Rethugs who do this exhibit blatant hypocrisy based (I suspect) upon dealers who've made contributions. I won't condemn KBH based on such a short blurb but I have my suspicions.

The proper gripe is not tweaking the plan; it is the plan.

Update: my heart goes out to anyone losing a job. My point was consistency.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

yep -- should have let GM tank, I think. Would have been bought etc. Daily Show was funny about this last night. (Why do we have to buy crappy companies? Why can't we buy cool stuff and companies that make money?) If me and my ilk are against the auto bailout (and Scooter and Scooter's ilk), then I don't understand where the political will comes from to do it.

Scooter said...

One place: UAW. Ok, three places: also votes in Michigan and Ohio.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, but if both parties said no...

Scooter said...

I guess maybe I'm a little less sold on the idea that your ilk (and many of mine--see KBH's short comment) are really against it.

My big fear is that once the politicians are running businesses, they are less beholden to good business judgment (not that GM or Chrysler exhibited much of that either) than to political influence. Just seems like the logical outcome.