Friday, March 24, 2006

Email Virus strikes Scooter Household

Went home at lunch to respond to some of my colleagues' recent posts and my Symantic software went nuts. It is purporting to scan some hundreds, nay thousands, of emails purportedly sent by yours truly. I then get notices, but not for all the scanned emails purportedly sent, about how those emails could not be sent.

I don't use an email program on my home computer, electing instead to use the Yahoo service because of its excellent filter....it regularly sends 400-500 spams to the bulk mail portion of the site so I can just delete without having to filter myself.

The Symantec program was running strong for about 90 minutes before I had to head back to the office. I left the program running when I left. I'll be interested to see what awaits upon my return.

No comments: