Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Boomsday



Tom Wolfe calls Christopher Buckley one of the funniest writers in the English language. At least that's what the back cover of Boomsday says. I'm a big fan and have read most of Buckley's novels. This one is among the best -- wild plot turns, diabolically cynical characters, dazzling dialogue. Boomsday is even more cinematic than Thank You For Smoking and I'm sure will be filmed soon. (If you didn't like TYFS on the screen, don't let that dissuade you from reading the book.) In addition to TYFS, I can also heartily recommend Little Green Men and God Is My Broker.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Nicely done.

Scooter said...

This sorry site. I got your message via email (today, 29th) but still can't see it here. Yes, I thought the pic really helped your comments as far as increasing readership; all evidence to the contrary.

Please do let me know when you perfect the pics on the blog entries.