Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hoops confession -- LJ is The Man

I didn't make bracket picks and pass them on the LJ as earlier described. Love "Nostradamus" Johnson made the picks and graciously provided them to me. Guys in my office thought I was a hoops genius. They got suspicious though when, during the inevitable coffee break post-mortem, I was reluctant to share my analysis of the Final Four. My fate as a fraud was sealed when my secretary (enjoying the reflected moment in the sun as much as I was and thinking she was doing me a favor) asked whom I had picked to win.

I couldn't remember whom Love Johnson had picked.

I might have bluffed, but was feeling so awful and guilty at this point that I was ready to give up the game. I pulled back the curtain and revealed LJ as THE MAN.

No comments: