Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cross Over Voting

I had to shame C into not voting Democratic on Tuesday. When we got to the polling location, there was a big line for the Dems - no one in line for the other side. She had been talking crossing over for several days, so I quite loudly started voicing my opinions about do so. Perverting the primary process, destroying the democratic process, being a sheep for all the right-wing radio pundits, etc. It worked - she went to the right (was it coincidence that upon entering the room, the Dem line was to the left and the Republican line was to the right?

Later that evening, I made the mistake of watching election coverage on both Fox and CNN (to prove how fair and balanced I am). It was nauseating. Going on and on and on about the 1% precincts reporting and what message was being sent. Graphics and so much crap going horizontally and vertically across the screens it was making me dizzy. And on CNN, double digit "experts" talking about who-knows-what. And when the vote total changed by 10 votes, Wolf would almost have a stroke. I lasted about 20 minutes before I had to turn it off.

2 comments:

Michael said...

It's not clear to me which one you voted in.

love johnson said...

Dem, of course