Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Political Hijinx

Voted for Hillary.

Update: am confused at the attacks I've taken today (not here but at the office, our reader is too sophisticated). I've committed some kind of ethical breach in spite of the fact that the rules established by the D Party allow my participation. If one wants only D voters to vote, make it a closed primary.

For every D attack I've suffered today, when confronted with the fact that McCain won New Hampshire (and other states) on the strength of Independent and D crossover votes, the claim is, "I didn't know that."

HH is uneasy about the strategy ("they did a bad, bad thing") but I have more reasons than most. I live in a county that is entirely Blue (in a state that will undoubtedly go Red) so I have no choice but to ignore or choose the lesser of two evils on the down-ticket. Further, between the two D senators, I prefer the one for whom I voted because they're trying to kill us (Michael, you convinced me of that in spite of today's moderate protest of my action..."I don't want an incompetent in times like these." ).

No comments: