Thursday, September 04, 2008

Perspective

I'm wondering whether Biden's convention speech seemed as sarcastic and mean-spirited to Republicans watching as Palin's speech seemed to me. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Clearly, Palin's speech was intended to "fire up the base" (another phrase as ubiquitous as the unspeakable "re* mea*") and I would think it accomplished that. But don't Republicans need to nab some independents to win the election? I'll be curious to see if it moved them, because I wouldn't expect it to. Or maybe you don't need independents or the center. Maybe Rove knows you've got the numbers if you just get out your base vote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a positive change in how independents anticipate voting in the Presidential election after viewing Palin’s speech, with a 9% increase among independents indicating that they will probably or definitely vote for the McCain/Palin ticket after watching the speech. via Hotair

Stephanie said...

Now I'm depressed. Where'd I put my checkbook?

Anonymous said...

Save your money for 2012.

Michael said...

John McCain's 6 percentage-point bounce in voter support spanning the Republican National Convention is largely explained by political independents shifting to him in fairly big numbers, from 40% pre-convention to 52% post-convention in Gallup Poll Daily tracking.