Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sarah watch

Sarah Palin shows us what she's going to be doing until she runs in 2012. As Ezra puts it:
You could no more argue with this op-ed than you could drive a car made out of candy. Though it looks like one thing, it's actually another. And that other is a declaration of political intent: Palin is going to spend the next couple of years trying to act as leader of the opposition. She'll start with what she knows: Drill, baby, drill. And she'll start where she knows. In the media.
She's going to be everywhere, all the time, spewing stuff that is one cell deep, until she's got her patter down on the big national issues.

3 comments:

love johnson said...

What I find priceless about her "plans" are that I haven't heard of a single Republican that wants her to campaign with or for them. Nor have any "conservative" Democrats come out and said they want her anywhere near them.

She is in so far over-her-head it's not funny. I don't know who is advising her (maybe no one, which could explain a lot; maybe "the first dude"), but whomever it should be isn't getting through to her. Not that I mind, because it's certainly good fodder.

And if by some miracle she gets the (R) nomination and by some either bigger miracle she wins, what does that say about our political system and those who are in it?

And I'm not saying this just because she is a Republican - SJL of Houston is just as bad, if not worse. I'll throw another name out - Jefferson of Louisiana. A loser and a crook. He must think we're all as stupid as he is to believe his nonsense.

Stephanie said...

People who love her, love her mavericky ways, as far as I can tell. Her whole brand is, "I don't do things like other people. I birth babies on commercial flights while field-gutting moose in 5-inch heals without smudging my red lipstick. And you have no right to ask me what the moose was doing on the plane; you wouldn't ask a liberal a question like that." Shooting from the sidelines is a perfect gig for her and her peeps will love it. And you, LJ, and I will not understand anything about it. Just like I didn't understand anything about how GWB got elected. Twice.

Stephanie said...

HotAir always crashes my Safari. Anyone else have that problem?