Monday, March 31, 2008

Tammy Bruce

I was a little late getting to the office this morning and heard Tammy Bruce sitting in for Laura Ingraham. (My alternative would have been sports radio and listening to the report of the demise of the Horns to a much stronger Memphis team yesterday afternoon.) I read her The New Thought Police several years ago and while I enjoyed it, I was much more intrigued by the author. TNTP is essentially a book that could have been written by any number of conservatives as a rebuttal to what she (and I) perceives to be the left’s stifling (or desire to stifle) free speech. I can think of David Horowitz and Mike Adams as two who could have (and I think have) written similar books.

She was formerly the President of the Los Angeles NOW Chapter and while decidedly a Democrat, has some equally decidedly views from the right. From her website:

Tammy Bruce is an openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro-death penalty, voted-for-President Bush authentic feminist. A lifelong Democrat, in the 1990s she worked to help elect Senators Feinstein and Boxer, and aided the Clinton for President campaign.

It’s been a while since I’ve thought about her and she seemed pretty good in the ten or so minutes I heard her substitute for Ingraham. If you’re in the car tomorrow or Wednesday, give her a few minutes.

1 comment:

love johnson said...

I heard some her this morning as well. Talking about the fence we're building...in Egypt. Also was talking about the boos GW got last night throwing out the first pitch in DC. Didn't know she was a lefty - I wondered why I liked her.