Thursday, April 03, 2008

Re: Engagement

Uh, I actually will engage on one point. I've always heard that the Ohio Teachers Union Pension Fund is one of the nations largest which is why I mentioned it. While I certainly agree that a board of directors of Huge Co. is not going to care much about the vote of a single teacher who owns even some substantial interest (say a million bucks worth) of Huge Co., that board is going to care about the interests of the trustees of the Pension Fund (or the manager of a big mutual fund).

Update: btw, the point was not to say that corporations are pure. Nothing run by men can be. I'm a capitalist that believes in the markets; I'm not a corporatist. Left to their own devices, boards will always try to opt for monopoly or somehow otherwise put a competitor at a disadvantage for gain.

No comments: