Thursday, April 03, 2008

Advice Needed

I am putting out a call to my brethren for some guidance. As part of our home renovation, we had a bookcase made that will take up the length of an entire wall. It is being delivered/installed today. I've been going back and forth in my mind trying to decide how to arrange my vast book collection in said bookcase. By subject? By genre? Alphabetical regardless of subject/genre? Hardcover separate from paperback? Both intermixed?

The possibilities are endless....advice appreciated.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I've settled on separate by genre, paperbacks and hard cover together.

Stephanie said...

My husband has banned my books to dog's bedroom due to unsightliness, so I'm the wrong person to opine. But mine are divided by fiction vs nonfiction, and then more specifically nonfiction by topic, and fiction by author. No consideration given to hard cover v paperback.