Monday, April 07, 2008

Re: Condi

You are correct Stephanie, I have recently, and often, spoken about my loathing of Condi. She was a disaster as NSA and she isn't exactly setting the world on fire as SOS. And let's be honest about why she would even be considered as VP - and I'll apologize up front for seeming to be insensitive - she would be chosen for her skin color. To offset the black vote for Obama. And, if by some miracle Hillary would be on the ticket (in either spot), to offset the female vote.

What exactly are her qualifications? Just because you serve in gov't doesn't mean you are good at it. I think she would be to much of a direct link to GWB and his failed Iraq policy She would have to spend too much time trying to explain those decisions and what happened in the past than to talk about what would happen in the future with a McCain administration. McCain seems to ( I think) have different ideas about Iraq, the Middle East, "stress" interrogation techniques than the GWB administration and I can't see how Condi could come across as sincere if she campaigned proposing and endorsing positions different than what is, and has, occurred under her watch.

No comments: