Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reading habits: to finish or not to finish

Matrimony was a book club book.
What do you all do when you are in the middle of a book you're not enjoying and you doubt it's going to improve.  Do you bag it and move on, risking that you'll miss out on a good ending? Or do you believe in sticking with it to the end because you're not a quitter or because sticking with it has paid off enough in the past that you have a reasonable expectation of payoff?
We have such a limited amount of time for book reading.  I'm guessing I average a paltry two books per month.  I plan to read until I'm 85 (strictly rocking and looking out the window for the final 15 years) and I'm 44 now.  41 years X 24 books = 984 books.  It's a puny number given the gazillions of books available.
By the way, 984 books at 1.5 inches each would fill 123 linear feet of shelf space.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I bag early and often. Life is too short to waste on something I'm not enjoying.

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]