Monday, November 03, 2008

Friends on the Radio

Years ago a gal from my high school on whom I had a huge crush (way above my pay grade in high school) and with whom I was pretty good friends used to be the "Black Thunder" traffic reporter for a radio station in Dallas flying around in that station's black helicopter. That was pretty cool at the time though she was destined for much greater things.

Recently, a fellow member of my Lions Club and friend has begun doing the news on the half hour for Austin's biggest AM radio station KLBJ. She has a great voice and is perfect for this job. Still, for some reason, rather than it being "cool," I'm somewhat disturbed every time I hear her on the air. I have no idea why I feel that way.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maybe if she did the news from the helicopter...

Scooter said...

I fear it is some deep character flaw on my part. Not really. I just get a little cringe for some reason; she deserves better.