Monday, November 03, 2008

Re: Beldar's being the better man...

As I mentioned last week, I'd have rather lost to OSU than TT. Coach Leach is just too weird and the TT fans too obnoxious. Having said that, I reiterate that TT just plain beat us and the game shouldn't have been as close as it ended up. I was heartened by the effort in the second half and there does not appear to be any giving up in these kids.

After the Mizzou game, I started to drink the Kool-Aid but the closeness of the OSU game brought me back to reality. I'd have said as little as two and as many as four losses at the season's start with this year being one to teach and provide experience for young running backs and defensive secondary. With this defense and the loss of our only legitimate tight end, this season has been a bubble waiting to burst.

At No. 4, we're still likely to play in a BCS bowl if we avoid another loss.

No comments: