Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Obama, Niebuhr, and Speaking of Faith

I generally enjoy Krista Tippett's Speaking of Faith program that airs on Minnesota Public Radio. This past week, she did a show on Niebuhr's influence on Obama's philosophy in life and policy. Her show featured E.J. Dionne and David Brooks. I didn't get much of a liberal arts education in college, but I think it's a hoot to hear folks who have that kind of background show off their facility. Dionne does that in this discussion. You can hear it here.

3 comments:

Scooter said...

Niebuhr was a big influence on one of my heroes--Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Stephanie said...

I think there may be some references to Bonhoeffer in the show.

Stephanie said...

I stand corrected. Just checked the transcript and there was no Bonhoeffer reference in this show. But he seems to come up frequently on her show.