Friday, April 18, 2008

Another cool thing - blidgets!

In addition to playing with the animated cat tonight, I'm learning about "blidgets". A blidget is a widget that displays the headlines (and optionally text and images) from a blog in a little window on a web page. It updates often or continuously or something, and the headlines are clickable. So for a test, I created a "blidget" for/of SSJ and put it on the web site for my book club.

Also, just discovered that I can put SSJ headlines on my iGoogle home page, yielding this:

4 comments:

Scooter said...

Now that's helpful...can check posts without having to actually leaving the home page.

Anonymous said...

Does your iGoogle SSJ module update? Mine doesn't seem to be doing so.

Scooter said...

Ah, it is now working.

Stephanie said...

yes, sometimes it's slow. don't know how often it refreshes.