Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Re: Star Trek v. Star Wars

My vote was for reasons entirely the opposite of LJ's though it was the same. I eliminate the Trek movies as just Paramount's bid for cash.

If Wars had stopped with the second movie or, if the remaining 4 1/2 movies had been completely different, my vote may have been for Wars. My vote was for the overall/total product/genre (I can't think of the right word but hope that gets me there).

Goodness knows that there were a handful of the the original Trek episodes that I adore, e.g, City on the Edge of Forever, The Trouble with Tribbles, but too many were just Roddenberry's view of 60's issues.

Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise (thanks, Michael) were, overall, far superior to the last 3 1/2 Wars movies.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm going to suggest "Knitting" or "Crocheting" for the next poll.

Scooter said...

I'm not buying it. Aren't you into ice fishing?

Stephanie said...

Have crocheted 3/4 of an afghan! Have not ice fished; kind of a baby about the cold.