Sunday, May 04, 2008

Dark Side of the Rainbow

All this talk about the synch between Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz got me exploring the subject. Here is just one of the YouTube clips:




Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm not stoned enough, but I don't really "see" it. Going to Wikipedia gets you this on the whole subject. What I found interesting were all the denials from the band and engineer of DSOTM regarding doing it on purpose. Also, that Turner Classic Movies actually aired the movie with DSOTM as the soundtrack. Bet that freaked out some folks who happened to tune in. And, being the conspiracy theorist that I am, the whole section about other movies and other Pink Floyd albums was fascinating.

There is a link at the end of the Wikipedia entry to a full length, full screen synched version. I might check that out.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The "black" moment followed by "which/witch is which/witch" is kind of fun,. And the Lollypop guild kicks in time to DSOM. Other than that, I don't see anything either. Oh, I DO see/believe the flying woman here, though she's in the form of a bubble.