Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bookcase Update

Mentioned in a post back in early April. To refresh memories, here is the before picture:




Here is the after picture:


Here are the overflow pictures:










The overflow picture on the right are books that would not fit on the shelves. I couldn't believe that I had THAT many books. I am very stubborn about getting rid of books, so I'm glad we had the foresight to make the shelving adjustable. We'll get 4 shelves made and stained, then move everything down a couple of slots and the overflow should fit, with room for additions. The left 2 rows are non-fiction, alphabetical by author. The 2nd row from the left, 3rd shelf down are travel books and pet books - the shelf below that are gardening books. The right 2 shelves are fiction, alpha by author. The 2 bookcases have all my Grisham, Clancy, Child, Crichton, Sanford, true crime, history, sports and Iraq/9-11/conspiracy theories.

The groupings are a work in progress and are subject to change.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Still beautiful even if you do have to get new shelves.

Anonymous said...

very nice and big bookcase

thank a lot your information and Very Good information
When I read the article and see a variety
very much for I had the opportunity to publish my work.
Permission to offer my website,
A site about shelf bookcase

:)