Friday, October 03, 2008

McCain will not attack on Fannie, Freddie

I had speculated that McCain was waiting for the bill to pass before going after Barry and the Dems on Fannie and Freddie, and that's why we heard the nonsense from Sarah last night about treacherous Wall Street. Looks like the plan is simply to drop it. I agree with MKH and others that this sure looks like a terrible mistake and may blow a great opportunity to educate and make up lost ground. I had also assumed that Ayers, Rezco, and Wright ads were coming, but maybe that's out too. If so, is there any chance?

3 comments:

Michael said...

Ace: If this US News blog post is correct, then I want McCain's people to tell me so, so I can stop blogging about McCain entirely and focus on limiting the damage in Congressional races.

If McCain wants to lose the election like a good trooper -- a dutiful soldier going off to die in a no-win mission he's not even supposed to win -- he really should have informed the party of this intention during the primaries.

Scooter said...

Why do I have the queasy feeling I need to go buy a bunch of gold and an AR-15 and move to the ranch in OK?

Michael said...

Dan Riehl: If this report via the McCain camp to US News, also citing Ace, is accurate, McCain's done. There is no such thing as "Straight Talk," if it's to be cowed by fear of being politically incorrect on matters of import. And if McCain isn't willing to call the Dems out on the incompetence and corruption that was and is Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while defending Free Market capitalism - what good is having him as a Republican president? Frankly, I'd rather see Hillary drafted by the GOP at the last minute than see this nonsense for four years.